Advance Project Management Training
A complete course to master the art of practical project management
The Advance Project Management Workshop is targeted for practicing project managers and senior managers looking to sharpen their project management skills. It will help in building knowledge and skills for leading and directing projects and delivering project results within various organizational constraints. It is a complete course covering all the aspects of project managements and helps in balancing Time, Cost, Scope, Risk and Stakeholders requirements. It provides a platform to discuss real life project issues and finding solutions for the same using practical examples and case studies.
Besides the above advantages, it will also meet requirement of 35 hours of contact training for applying for PMP®Certification examand provide required knowledge to jump start the preparation of PMP®Certification. Attending this course will significantly improve the chances of passing the PMP® Certification exam on the first try.
The course will be based onthe latest edition of PMBOK®Guide – an ANSI Standard
- Course Duration: 5 days (40 hours) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Discussion on project management best practices
- A running case study
- Spot quizzes and exercises
- Audio and video
- Post training support to resolve queries and project issues
Workshop was very interactive and interesting. Things can be directly implemented to present assignments. Comewith an open mind and try to adopt as much as possible.
– Kavita Ghosh, Scientist E, HEMRL (DRDO)
The knowledge gained will be implemented in future project ( pre plan). Good interaction I had during 5 days. Benefitted/gained knowledge base on the different areas of project management. It is must for all the scientist who willing to take project.
– Dr. M Anniyappan, Scientist E, HEMRL (DRDO)
Excellent content & delivery of the course from its trainer. Please come & learn with open mind the fundamental of Project management course.
– Amit Kumar, Integration Manager, Vanderlande
Interaction was very good and practical hands-on generated good interest for the course. This training is recommended to every one so that more awareness is created about project management & its benefits for an organization like BARC.
– Sandeep Bhagwat, SO/F, BARC
Mr. Vivek Prakash sir, has covered coursein detail and explained the concept of project management. The workshop conducted helped to grasp the concept. All concept are covered.
– Nikhil Narkar, Deputy Manager, HDFC LIFE
- Face to face interaction.
- More effective communication due to presence of body language.
- Less distractions due to confined in a classroom.
- More disciplined as being watched by the trainer all the time.
- Casual discussion over tea and lunch help make bonding.
- More personalized as many clarifications are done over casual discussions.
- Better networking with other fellow participants.
- Social interactions make things more comfortable.
- As people are used to this mode of learning, they find it more comfortable.
- Can join from anywhere – office or home.
- Need need not to travel to training location. Saving time and avoid traffic manoeuvre.
- Virtual classroom is not e-learning where you are alone. It is an interactive program led by a trainer similar to physical classroom along with other fellow participants.
- Recordings of all the sessions to revisit whenever required.
- Support a greener world – No use of paper – 100% paper free.
- Comparatively less expensive.
Project Management Framework
- Project Management Concepts
- Project Phases & Lifecycle
- Project Management Processes & Knowledge Area
- Triple constraints
- Project Charter – Set direction for the project
- Stakeholder Analysis – Make strategies for managing stakeholders
- Define Scope – Prepare scope statement and create a good WBS
- EstimateEfforts, Time and Cost – Tools to estimate projects
- Resource planning – What skills are required at what time in what quantity?
- Scheduling – Prepare a schedule and identify critical path
- Budgeting – Prepare a time phased cash flow
- Communicationplanning– Who needs what information at what time and how to deliver
- Quality planning – Prepare plan for quality assurance, control and define metrics
- Risk Planning – Identify risks, analyze their impact and prepare a response plan
- Procurement Planning – Plan to buy product or services from outside.
- Acquire Team – Build team with right people
- Develop project team – Build a productive environment and motivate team
- Assess Project performance – Collect execution data and measure project metrics
- Communication –Performing effective communications with stakeholders
- Stakeholders – Engage stakeholders in the project
- Procurement – Select a seller and sign agreement
Monitoring & Control
- Control Scope Changes – Change Management
- Control Schedule – Continuous adjustment in schedule based on the progress
- Control Cost – Track and control cost against time phased budget (EVM)
- Quality Control – Employ various quality control tools and control defects
- Risk Monitoring – Identify new risk and re-assess risks in risk register
- Control procurement – Ensure compliance to contract
- Lesson Learned – Document what went well and didn’t go well
- Transition the product to operations
- Project Leads, Project Manager,
- Program Managers, Delivery Managers,
- Senior Managers, Project Directors
- Executives practicing project management and interested in enhancing their competency.
- PMP© credentials aspirants.
- Anyone looking to earn PDUs to retain PMP® certification
Founder and Chief Consultant
Vivek Prakash, The Founder and Chief Consultant at pmwares is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Microsoft Certified Professional with more than 25 years of experience. He is an active volunteer of PMI since 2003 when he started PMP Club in Mumbai. He led translation of PMBOK® Guide 5th Edition and 6th Edition into Hindi and write for PMI Global Blog “Voice of Project Management”. Currently he is driving Project Manager’s Club of Pune – A not for profit initiative in association with College of Engineering, Pune (COEP)
Passionate about project management, he trains, coaches and mentors project managers, senior managers and leadership team to excel in project management and employ best practices. He provides advisory services to corporate for building strong project management capability, develop robust project management processes, setup effective project management systems and support managers on the job for implementation.
You can know more about Vivek Prakash on linkedin and connect with him.
Read his blog on pmwares: pmwares blog
Read his blog on PMI®: blogs.pmi.org